CONTENTdm
Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help   
CONTENTdm Collection
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
CBAN_025
CBAN_025
IdentifierCBAN_025
TitleThe First Baptist Church in Banning, California
CreatorUnknown
Date Created1940s
DescriptionExterior photograph of the First Baptist Church's second building built in Banning, California on the southwest corner of Murray and Ramsey Streets in 1884.
TypeImage
Physical Description1 black and white photograph; 8.89 x 11.43 cm.
InstitutionBanning Library District
Collection Guidehttp://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt6779r9df
Project NoteLHDRP
Country of CreationUS
Copyright StatusCopyright status unknown
Copyright StatementCopyright status unknown. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Languageeng
Subject (Name)First Baptist Church
Subject (Place)Banning (Calif.)
Subject (Topic)Churches-California-Banning
Form/GenrePhotographs
Item/Call Number86-02-02-08
ContributorBarker, Charles Omar
TranscriptionThe Baptist Church was organized February 18, 1883. It was the first American Church in the San Gorgonio Pass. It was recognized by the council of Baptist Churches of the county on April 15, 1883. Ground was given and late in 1884 services were held in the unfurnished church located on the southwest corner of Murray and Ramsey Streets. In 1951 traffic on Ramsey Street had become so heavy the congregation sold this property and started the building of a new Baptist Church on N. San Gorgonio Avenue.
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^